The Cafe Scribbles

Photo by Emre Can from Pexels
It was a wonderful afternoon 
everything around looked delightful with many radiant faces smiling.
I was happy too when I arrived but later I must say that something became very wrong with me.
Am I a superhuman not fit for this world I wondered..
You must be wondering too about what is wrong with me 
It was half past two, Its already been two hours since I arrived at that place, It felt okay when I  arrived so I sat and started working . I didn't realize when it became crowded. I was that much into work.
But soon my legs started to feel chilly and then my hands and then my entire body shivered. It suddenly felt like there was a blizzard inside the cafe,but the irony was every one around me looked super comfortable.
Yes You are right! I am talking about the cafe which I recently visited to sit and work . 
My work needs a lots of flexibility and I mostly prefer to work outdoors, in cafes and spend my time there. But to find that one right cafe is sometimes the biggest trouble I have to face. 
So this cafe which I am talking about had everything; Nice ambiance, welcoming staff and the best crowd. But the thing that bothered me while I was working there was the air conditioner temperature which the staff maintained. I cannot just go and ask them to shut them  since it is centralized and that would disrupt their business. I also cannot just leave the cafe and never come back because its one of the decent cafes which helped me with my work. So somehow I have to make peace with it .I thought about it that night and made a plan .Now I have to check out if it works.So the next day I was prepared to visit again. I went to the cafe at the same time and started working. Its not usually that crowded in the early hours so my work gets done more easily. The staff immediately recognized  me and gave me smile .Soon its half past two again . It was then that I unleashed my weapons to protect myself from this storm and that my dear readers  was wearing a thick Jacket and socks and a scarf . The staff immediately served me a hot chocolate . I prepared them as well  to get me a hot chocolate when its half past two and put it on my table . They did it without any hindrance. I drank it and felt comfortable and just like that I could work for long hours that day. Over the next few days I repeated the same. 
One day one of the staff came to me and asked;
" Mam, Are you feeling any difficulty with our temperature?"
I smiled and replied  that I cannot bear cold , and that their cafe has the best ambiance to work so I cannot leave it as well. I assured the guy not to mind me since I was taking appropriate care and continued working.
The next day something abnormal happened.The temperature after two hours was bearable. I can tell you they adjusted it. but at the correct time they came to me with hot chocolate and asked me " Do you still want to have it ?" I smiled and said Yes! 
I was moved by the attention they give to their customers.Time and Time I was moved by these arresting sublime acts  from the people I never knew that I now believe that no matter how lost you are the warmth will find you.
For the spring is always warm and the winter never too cold only if you seek for it
I read it on their customer diary too how people loved this place.The next few days as I worked there I felt so comfortable.For this cafe taught me things silently.

So I wanted to ask you all this  

Did you ever visit a cafe to work ? How did it  go?

Photo by Mihai Vlasceanu from Pexels
Over the years I have changed many cities for work and for studies but the common thing about all of them were the cafes. Some were amazing while some mediocre but the fact that my productivity was more when I worked in cafes never changed.

When I  felt I worked too much outdoors . I would take a break but sitting at home never quite helped me.Sitting and working alone at home is more difficult than we think . You might think there cannot be any disturbance then you cannot be more wrong about it because its only then that you feel utmost disturbance especially by your restless thoughts. In cafe you are never alone. You have a company whether you know them or you don't.Kids these days who visit cafes can be quite noisy and nosy . I don't blame them but the moment they try to take control over the surroundings its then I cant stop myself from intruding into their business . Mostly I call the staff and inform them , some listen while some may act deaf because they don't want to lose business. 
and to them who act deaf I tell them gently before leaving that I expected the cafe would protect the peace of people who visit and that I am totally wrong about it, I  tell them I will post my review as harsh as I can so people would know next time when they visit. Some may listen and apologize which makes me want to visit the cafe again and if they didn't I would just post the review and never visit the cafe again. After all  people like me who come to cafes for hope should know the truth.But over my experience of visiting almost 25 to 30 cafes not even the once did I write any review because the staff understand the importance of people visiting their cafes.
Sometimes especially when I am reading a book . I get company from people I never met. They just feel connected especially if they are aware of the novel I am reading. They start a conversation and I cant help myself but continue it. Sometimes their intrusion feels warm and sometimes its burdensome because I want company but I don't want to be disturbed.
but I must tell you; writing has given me enough patience that I can now handle a little conversation from an intruder .
The best part of reading a book alone in the cafe is that its like you are wandering in the woods on a breezy day with the sound of the crickets, chirping of the birds , rustling of the wind and much more beauty around.
Sometimes the company of the baking aroma and sometimes the coffee fragrance.



Photo by Alina Vilchenko from Pexels
I love coffee a way too much that doesn't mean I will drink it all the time because sometimes taking too much  caffeine gives me headache and makes me feel nauseous . Therefore when you actually plan to work or write or read in cafes make sure you have correct dosage of caffeine; not too much and not just little but enough to compliment the time you spend there.

Sometimes even though I am really into coffee I prefer to skip it and have some cool juices instead. But then it entirely depends on the city in which live. Since my place tends to be very hot in the summer and not so cold in winter I sometimes prefer to have something cool while I write to keep myself busy for a long time.Choosing coffee in such times is definitely a bad idea.

If the crowd gets too loud I prefer to plug in my ear phones and listen to something soft especially I love listening to the works of Ludovico Einaudi. His music comes to life in cafes.
I mostly choose the table which has the best view and also which is visible to the staff so I need not get up all the time to order something. Most of the time I tell them beforehand at what intervals they need to bring my order.

But the most important thing above all is that only when I am mentally ready to work I visit cafe Because you are putting money and Invest money into cafes only if it is productive.

Sometimes even in the cafe if I don't get the motivation to work I cease my work , get up from my chair and look outside the window sipping . Trust me your work should never control you. You have the right to take proper breaks.

and since I have million stories to read and tell I definitely deserve appropriate breaks.

This is my little insight on how I made the most while working , reading and writing in cafes.

and my last advice to you will be


"When you enter the cafe make sure you sign in on yourself and sign off on this trendy world!!"


Aloha !



There is no harm in sitting
in an office and making money,
but sometimes you must look out of the window.
And look at the changing light.
Ruskin Bond.

Popular Posts