The Times Have Changed -2020



The world has become so subtle that the slightest thing affecting one land is bringing a storm in  other. Things are not quite same anymore. We wake up each day to terrible news of planes crashed, one country declaring war on other,outbreak of deadly virus ,spread of religious hypocrisy ,rapes and murders. But I will not lie about this that there is also hope ,stories of  survival and peace which are time to time sending us a message that this world can be mended and healed but only together.

I generally never start writing when I have headaches but the fact that I am writing this post itself gave me a headache with  questions like "How should I start?, Where should I start?, Do people really care?,or what if they think I am just wasting my time; So many thoughts ran through my mind but the fact that I really want to write it won them all.
The reason I started writing this blog is not because I have an extreme talent for writing ; No I don't . Its the thoughts inside, the emotional ones , the empathetic ones and the unspoken ones that I want to put into this blog.It can be about anything and everything but mostly it will be about wars and dont ask me why . I have no clue why I am so obsessed with the stories of people in war.May be because of the books and movies I read and watched or may be because I am obsessed for freedom and their stories and pain gives me a hope that sometimes small ordinary victories can change the life of so many  people reading them and watching them . I have read about refugees and racism , about the The world war,The Afghanistan war, The Vietnam war, The Kargil war and The syrian war but I have to tell you all that not all of them had a peaceful ending.But I had learn't one thing for sure and  that  is "Sometimes accepting the fact that we cannot change anything but have to let the things be the way they are either by leaving or living; That acceptance itself is a victory." Read that line again.

Image from For Sama Movie. Waad explaining her daughter so that she knows it when she grows up.
Image from For SAMA, The Boy's mother died before him , So waad is saying that she is jealous of her that she passed away before seeing her son die.

The Syrian war has almost entered its Ninth Year with Assad getting what he wanted. People thought he would end up like Muammar Gaddafi or Saddam Hussein but no, this time it is different. With Russia supporting Assad to satisfy his ego over his own people and children, I now no longer believe in the moral stories I was taught when I was in school.
But his people cannot be silenced anymore. They are reporting about the atrocities of their rulers to the outer world . "For Sama" by Waad Al Kateab in Aleppo , Anas Al Dyah in Idlib and Marie Colvin in Homs have covered the cities being bombed and destroyed with their lives on the line.People should watch them , see them and read what they have covered and listen to how tormenting their ruler can be to his own people and own children just to hold onto his power. 
I cannot tell how sad I am today that "For Sama" didn't win an Academy Award. Mr president has pulled out himself from helping Syria at least his country could have helped the world by recognizing the pain of Syrian people.But the world should remember that the people of Syria have seen enough sufferings that they no longer care whether they get an Oscar or not.More People should watch this one and half hour video. Time and Time its only when these courageous acts come out that the outer world will know the atrocities of the evil humans we have on this planet.Congratulations to "For Sama" Team for winning a Bafta and also you won the world's respect more than an Oscar and by god I am not embarrassed to say that I cried in pain watching it.

A blood-covered, 6-year-old Syrian girl awaits rescue from under the rubble next to the body of her dead sister, who was killed in an airstrike in Khan Sheikhoun on February 26, 2019. CNN interviewed al-Dyab this past March, after he took this heartbreaking photo.Anas Al-dyab.
And now let me tell you all a story of a young man named Anas Al Dyab  who captured the above picture and told the CNN why he volunteers for an organisation named White Helmets and why he  stays in the front .Because he also like me believes that Children have nothing to do with this yet are always the first victims of war. His weapon was a camera and he lived in the war to capture young children. But this is not a movie and someday you have to face the truth of death if you are in war. He was killed at a young age of 23 on July 21 2019 following heavy bombing in Idlib. But the images he captured lives on forever. The story which he told the world with the camera has resonated louder than his death.He said bombs dont distinguish between Children and men.In the above picture the girl Hasra Qatran survived but her siblings didn't .

"Anas will be always remembered as the one who chose to stay behind the scenes and fight with his camera." The White Helmets said in a statement . Source: CNN

Anas Al-Dyab poses for a portrait with a young girl. In photos that Kutini shared with CNN, al-Dyab is often seen interacting with young children, showing them photos from his camera or just talking to them.Hamid Kutini/The White Helmets
No matter how much death threatened him, he still stayed and he smiled.In this vast beautiful planet you have left some beautiful footprints that the ones left behind will smile looking at the glorifying sky in search of you.May you find peace now, wherever you are and I promise you that some day there will be peace on your land and all your people will come back home.
Photo by Kat Jayne from Pexels
Sometimes I wonder why Shakespeare said this
"The hell is empty and all the devils are here."
what did he see to make such profound statement. I am confused too sometimes to see such indifference. While there are children dying in war, there are those complaining for more. while there are those who lost their all, there are those who do not respect their own. Yes the world baffles me. But somehow I still believe in love and small acts of kindness.Someday when all this is over I hope we all live together without thinking where we come from or where we belong but just love each other for who we are. Standing up together and staying up for each other.

My message to the world is short and that children have nothing to do with this and they have the right to live a normal life. Can we not threaten their existence and can we not leave them with trauma.  I will not stop writing about this as long as I live and these days silence is less and hopelessness is more. With these difficult times lying ahead of us I would like to comfort you by reminding what Loki said to Thor 
"I assure you brother , the sun will shine on us again."
Yes I assure you too that the sun will rise , our lands will be at peace and we will smile again with less panic this time.Love to you all. May there be more joy and kindness in your lands .


There are people who cannot afford air,So they die
there are people who cannot afford food,So they starve
there are people who cannot afford love,So  they suffer
and there are people who can afford all to make others suffer.

Your Writer : Dhariyaa



Image by Sai Sandeep Maddua

Popular Posts