Warmth Around Only if You Look



Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels


Once, Twice...... 

It happened for the first time in 2013 when I caught chicken pox while staying away from home. I wasn't anxious that I was away because of the assurance she gave me. She made sure I was not in pain by taking personal care, Sleeping beside me sometimes and never worried that my disease could affect her children.That moment made an indelible chasm that remained fresh even today.I never knew until then that I can be happy and light even in suffering if the ones around me are happy and selfless.That incident made me kind and patient in times when my friends are sick or in pain.Over the time I could give the compassion to those in need, because of the compassion I received from her that day.For she did not seek for the grandeur but settled for the heartfelt things.A talented housewife and an amazing chef who knows how to design clothes that I sometimes felt sad wondering what a talent wasted. But she has never seen it that way.(Beautiful Cousin if you are wondering who it is..:) )
Second time it was in 2016 when I was super busy doing my internship and I suffered food poisoning late night at around 1:00 Am. I couldn't  contact my family since it was late and they stayed far .I didn't want them to see me like this . I was scared that I will be taken away from this place without finishing my dream. Some time too much caring is threatening, I was in pain and was in desperate need of a soothing hand.I went woefully in search of my warden who was sleeping in the last room of the top floor.I knocked on the door wailing. That pain was lamenting but the fact that I was alone was even more depressing.Ms Warden and her roommate immediately decided to take me to the nearby hospital.I leaned on their shoulders while they supported me to walk.Ten minutes passed but there was no sign of hospital nor a person near by . Finally at the edge of one road, a couple was cleaning their shop and getting ready for the next day's business. The Husband immediately came running and asked if we needed help.When my warden explained the situation I was immediately taken into their house by the wife while the husband went out in search of a hospital. Though I don't much remember the details , their house smelled of fresh fruits from a beautiful garden. A small kid was sleeping on the bed . I was laid beside the kid , I made sure I didn't wake the little one from sleep , For the presence of that tiny soul soothed me a bit. The wife meanwhile brought Ajwain water to drink and applied castor oil while explaining how their day was busy running the Fruit Juice Centre and comforted me saying it will be okay.The husband soon found a hospital and I was admitted. As I lay on my bed in pain I wondered if I'll able to see tomorrow. I wondered If I was going to die without getting a chance to finish my dream.For in that moment I had no yesterdays to bother about and no tomorrows to live for. As I was going through these thoughts my warden held my hand tight and said it was going to be okay and that she has a daughter too of my age.I was happy she was no longer a stranger and I no longer felt weak.After two bottles of IV fluids and three injections I was discharged the mid next day.That help and strength I received  from them that night threw a light that never faded.The next day I visited the Juice Vendor Couple, They welcomed me and gave me a glass of fruit juice for free, I played with their kid too. Now they are a part of my family.

After two days when I completely recovered , I shared this incident with mom and dad and assured them that I was fine. I didnt tell them the details since they were worried.I felt homesick after all this when a friend immediately visited me and took me to his mother and explained what happened , she felt sad and worried. Though she cooked biriyani that day for her entire family, She mixed curd rice and fed me with her own hands which is good for my health then.I remembered my mother and I no longer felt homesick for her hand was as warm as my mother's 

Time and Time I was moved by these arresting sublime acts  from the people I never knew that I now believe that no matter how lost you are the warmth will find you.



For the spring is always warm and the winter never too cold only if you seek for it.






Oceans crave the sky 


Moon longs the sun

Earth withers the snow 

Somewhere a seed is sown


Wind meets the shore


Wildflowers all blown

A far way grass

Green and serene to the heart


Bright are the kids


and love to the pups

Celebration all around 

Yes Spring is back to bloom.....    Dhariyaa




Popular Posts