A Tribute to him.

Image Courtesy: Nacho Vr Facebook

I have been worshiping him since child hood. He has inspired me in a way no one else did and taught me not only from his success but a way more from his failures.Having him as my hero for the past ten years didn't overwhelm me.Instead I take pride in it. His grit and vigour on the court is enchanting that I dont argue but remain silent when people around me banter on how great their other tennis players are. 
Image courtesy : Nacho Vr Facebook
People approach me asking "Federor is god and still why do you hang around chanting Rafa?" I know what they mean and each time seeing Federor play I am blown away on how true their statement really is . But no matter how true their statement  is, there is also an underlying fact and a revelation  which I have learnt from it and that is what I tell them softly in this way..
" Exactly Federor truly is god and makes tennis look "impossible" and "perfect" but Rafa plays like human making tennis look "possible" and "flawed" and proves that those flaws can be conquered by working hard."
A trivial detail.
Image courtesy: Nacho vr Facebook

When I look back onto all those years , it fascinates me how everything in my life has changed except my love for Rafa. I still remember writing this letter addressing to rafa last year and tucking it deeply in my diary. 

March 15, 2017
Dear Rafa, 

Year :2008 Match: Wimbledon

I was studying 8th grade then.That day I was so bored that I was just switching the channels of my television continuously unable to find anything interesting . Soon my sister came to me to snatch the remote off from my hands when I heard this shout of a person as powerful as the thunder. Wait ! I shouted at my sister to see which channel I paused at. It  was a tennis match and all I know about tennis till then was '0'. But as I  watched the match there was this person who was just luring his opponent and savouring the ball setting the court on fire. I was like damn !!!! Loved the way he waged the war.Immediately I took my atlas to see the name of the country of his flag shown in the channel, I did not have any internet or an access to Google at that time. And that flag belongs to Spain and the name of the person who will inspire and influence my life in the future is RAFAEL NADAL. The next day when I attended my school the first thing I did was visiting the computer lab to read more about him. Years have passed but the respect I have for him never faded .since 2008 I have learnt that my summer holidays are the best where I got to watch these legendary gland slams . Clay court(Roland Garros), the Royal court of England (Wimbledon ) were a delight, I had the best beginnings of the year waiting to see you in the Australian open .Damn those feels I had when I saw you losing yet fighting for each ball like your life was on it. Australian open 2012 the match between you and nole. I had an exam the next day and I decided not to attend the exam. I was confident my teachers would accept it since I topped every exam till then and then the next five hours ,fifty three minutes I almost lost my breath and in the end you lost the match .It was painful trust me every rafan would have felt that pain deep in their heart . I have learnt how painful losing can be that day . You have attended every single ball till the last minute . I just don't know how to describe that match .perhaps the only match that changed me forever. I have seen you win many times and I have seen you lose many more times but this one defeat taught me what needs to be learnt. You have started an academy recently and invited Federor. It was a privilege to be born in your era where you both legends clashed against each other.I just wanted to tell you that you were always there showing me the light when the threats of my life tried to cripple me. Your words "Sin sufrimiento no hay felicidad" is my prayer chant each day. Thank you for being born . Hoping to give you this letter personally.
A  fan of yours  

Image courtesy: Nacho Vr Facebook

Now that the year is close to end , It is time to remember his La undecima(11) wins of the mighty French open where the world witnessed history being created. The world took it to twitter to appreciate this history with a deafening chant "The King of clay" and it brought me to tears seeing him fight for it.Years might pass and the sound might fade but this age and this time where I got to see him fight will be with me forever and If I am gone I want my love for him to stay in this mundane world by writing here.It is because of him that I now not just respect the other tennis players but love them to the core. Especially Novak and Federor . They will be my favorites . Period!. And the moments these people created together makes me want to say that I am privileged to be born in their era.

Signing Off for 2018
30.12.2018
Dhariyaa












Popular Posts