You can't buy happiness but you can buy tea

Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors.
Alice Walker


Blessed is the man who knows when to stop and sip the tea.Days are riding into the future at such a pace that I couldn't find time to blog. It was like yesterday that I was sitting in a cafe in Hyderabad reading a book and here I am in Visakhapatnam talking about something that happened 15 days ago . The best part about Hyderabad is the different versions of the Tea that I sipped and the time I spent either chuckling with friends or reading a book or listening to music . Those are the moments where life paused and peace prevailed and just like Captain Jack Sparrow said "I love those moments and would like to wave at them as they pass by." 
Especially during the hectic month of exams, where the only thing I remember are either books or sleep, it was the tea that saved me from the tricky web of time.The Reading room which I was a part of had these amazing people who studied with me till late hours and the only time we spoke to each other without pressure was Teatime.The rejuvenation my mind felt with each sip I took in during those times cannot be explained. These days almost every day I receive calls from my friends and family who tell me how busy their day was . I listen to them patiently because I know it personally how stressful work life can be and how lamenting it can be when we have no one to share with. There were days when I had withdrawn from everyone and everything and worked for 13 hours a day drinking cups and litres of coffee, it was during that time that I was hit with severe Insomnia.It was so critical that I consulted my doctor immediately who then scolded me real bad about my working hours and intake of caffeine, She added and explained on how toxic coffee can be to our body beyond certain limit. It was during that time that she suggested me to take a break from work and to drink Chamomile tea( made of chrysanthemum) or Tulsi Tea which helps in reducing stress and getting sleep. She is one such beautiful person who tried to cure naturally instead of suggesting medication. Only after that experience did it occur to me that, what I did was not an escape but a round about way of punishing my own self. Since at that time I could not take a break immediately from work  I started this habit of drinking tea (natural ones like Green Tea, Chamomile Tea, Tulsi Tea) which let me survive the heavy stress . From that day beginning each time I drank tea in office I made a habit  to cease my work , get up from my chair and look outside the window sipping . That habit trust me made enormous change.
As much as you can eat healthy, it’s also important to remember to drink healthy too. Tea is very healing.
Kirstin chenoweth
and over the months I got so accustomed to tea that I began this "Tea Tasting Adventure" and thanks to my drinking partner (ALERT: ONLY TEA) Few varieties which I got to taste these days are  
  • Green Tea
  • Chamomile Tea
  • Tulsi Tea
  • Earl Grey
  • Matcha Tea
  • Blueberry Tea
  • Classic Lemon Tea,
  • Flavor Tea like Cinnamon, 
  • Mint Tea, 
  • Oolong Tea
  • White Tea
I like the pause that tea allows. Waris Ahluwalia

You can read about each one of them online and also get them online. We have many good companies in India who sell them like Twinings, Goodwyn, Tetley,Lipton, Organic India,Typhoo,Teabox Etc
and some of the best combinations of tea which I experienced can be with these
  • A good book
  • Vintage Indie music
  • Fries with perfect sauce
  • A good cafe
  • A scenic nature
  • A good friend
  • Solitude
Trust me they might not taste all sugary and candy but taken at the right time they did wonders to my mind 



The monsoon is already here to greet us from this month and just like Bill Watterson said "Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book." and so I am all wrapped up to take the monsoon with the taste of earl grey.
I like cups of tea and reading books and poetry and old people things. Bindi Irwin
Here in Visakhapatnam monsoon is like a daily customer who doesn't tell you the exact time but definitely visits you once a day or at least waves at you through its clouds and breeze.

Mother's insatiable quest to find new plants is interesting to watch these days . Thanks to her that I now have almost ten kinds of creepers, begonias and other aromatic plants whose names I have no clue of but whose company is as warm as her.

There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.
-Lin Yutang

Tea! Bless ordinary everyday afternoon tea!
-Agatha Christie









Comments

  1. Exactly stop at nioufer cafe and have a sip of tea with some very very funny freinds is exactly what I know.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts